Lightning Literature: Mid-Late 19th Century British Literature from Hewitt Homeschooling, adapted to fit the needs of modern gifted learners. This is semester-long high school course. Weekly webinars are 50 minutes long. Recordings are available for students who must miss a session.
- Rhythm in Poetry
- Rhyme in Poetry
- Local Color
Learning activities include regular writing to communicate ideas via the discussion forum, videos and multimedia materials to support learning, use of web 2.0 tools to illustrate new concepts, and weekly participation in live webinars.
◦ Lightning Lit Mid-Late 19th Century British Literature Student Guide by Michael Gaunt
◦ Silas Marner by George Eliot
◦ Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
◦ The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
◦ The Complete Stalky & Co by Rudyard Kipling (excerpts only – available online)
◦ Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw