Lightning Literature: Shakespeare’s Tragedies from Hewitt Homeschooling, adapted to fit the needs of modern gifted learners. This is semester-long high school course. Weekly webinars are 50 minutes long. Recordings are available for students who must miss a session.
- Shakespeare’s life
- Shakespeare’s language
- Elizabethan theater
- Elizabeth I and James I
- Authorship of the plays and sonnets
Learning activities include regular writing to communicate ideas via the discussion forum, videos and multimedia materials to support learning, use of web 2.0 tools to illustrate new concepts, and weekly participation in live webinars.
- Lightning Lit Shakespeare’s Tragedies and Sonnets Student Guide by Elizabeth Kamath
- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare
- King Lear by William Shakespeare
- 8 Sonnets (provided)
All original text versions of Shakespeare’s plays are acceptable, including graphic novels and comics that include unabridged text. These may be available at your local library, or can be purchased online. Shakespeare in Bits interactive apps are especially recommended. Homeschool Buyers Co-op currently has a Shakespeare in Bits desktop collection available at a deep discount!