Michael Clay Thompson’s Magic Lens and Word Within the Word 1B from Royal Fireworks Press, adapted to fit the needs of modern gifted learners. Magic Lens and Word Within the Word are year-long courses. Students complete the first half of the course during semester 1A and the second half during semester 1B. Weekly webinars are 50 minutes long. Recordings are available for students who must miss a session.
- study parts of speech, sentence structure, phrases and clauses through videos and stories
- practice with exciting games and activities
- learn Michael Clay Thompson’s 4-level sentence labeling system
- study word roots and vocabulary in the context of great literature
- discover word roots and vocabulary items
- write stories and create presentations with new vocabulary words
- participate in live webinars