7th grade Lightning Literature from Hewitt Homeschooling, adapted to fit the needs of modern gifted learners. This is a year-long course condensed into a single semester. Weekly webinars are 50 minutes long. Recordings are available for students who must miss a session.
- introduction to poetry
Learning activities include regular writing to communicate ideas via the discussion forum, videos and multimedia materials to support learning, use of web 2.0 tools to illustrate new concepts, and weekly participation in live webinars.
- Lightning Lit 7 Student Guide by Elizabeth Kamath
- Stories and Poems for Extremely Intelligent Children of All Ages by Harold Bloom
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Story of My Life by Helen Keller
- All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
Most books are readily available at your local library, or can be purchased online