You may have heard of the idea that intelligence can apply not only to math and reading, but also social and emotional skills. This workshop will give a quick but thorough dive into the research behind “EQ” as well as its impact and, most of all, how you can improve your own emotional intelligence (as well as why you should care about your EQ at all!).
Topics of this workshop include:
- The meaning of EQ
- The power and influence of EQ
- Using EQ to better understand yourself
- Using EQ to better understand others
- EQ for the gifted mind
Books and Materials:
- Required: Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Bradberry and Greaves
- Optional: Emotional Intelligence: Why it Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
Webinars are 50 minutes long. Recordings are available for students who must miss a session or for repeated viewings to provide extra practice and understanding.