With a focus on primary source analysis, critical thinking, and interactive web tools, students will explore the story of America from the first Americans (before there was a United States) to the beginning of the Revolution.
This course covers:
- early American history
- Native American cultures
- European exploration and colonization of the Americas
- events leading up to the American Revolution
- the Declaration of Independence
Weekly webinars are 50 minutes long. Recordings are available for students who must miss a session.
Links to Required Books:
A History of US, Volumes 1, 2 and 3 by Joy Hakim
- The First Americans, Prehistory – 1600
- Making Thirteen Colonies, 1600-1740
- From Colonies to Country, 1735-1791 (This book is also used in A History of Us: 1776 – 1855)
Books may be available at your local library, or can be purchased online.